WELCOME

Welcome To My Blog

Here You Will Find Strange,

Unusual, Offbeat and Amazing Stories as well as Weird News From

Around The World







Sunday, April 25, 2010

Unusual and Offbeat News of Leonard Nimoy Visits Vulcan,Alberta




Leonard Nimoy, the actor who immortalized the character Spock on Star Trek, was hailed as a homecoming hero as he led a parade in Vulcan, Alta., celebrating the town's status as "official Star Trek capital of Canada."

"I've been a Vulcan for 44 years. It's about time I came home," Nimoy, 79, said to cheers.


A railway surveyor named the settlement after the Roman god of fire in 1915, but the town shares its name with the birth planet of Spock.

'AMAZING'
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

 He spoke about how his achievements as an actor far exceeded what he had dreamed of, but told the crowd, "I've never had an experience quite as touching as this and I appreciate it. Thank you."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/

No comments: